Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Start of Something...

Hey guys (whoever reads this, that is), what's up?

I'm just your average Joe with a passion for EDM, and all things related. I even took a crack at making it myself; I haven't tried since. Oh well. That experience has fostered in me a sense of respect for every producer out in the world. They do a hard job, and for many it is their job. That's the source of one of my newest pet peeves: Insults against artists. Take the song Bleed - Timmy Trumpet & SCNDL.

 
I've seen a whole lot of Backlash from the Monstercat community, claiming that this is outside of what Monstercat supports, or that the song is bad in some way. One of my best friends, to my considerable surprise, said he disliked the song because it was too "simple". This is nothing against him, but I think that saying something is bad because it's simple is considerably short-minded. One of the reasons I love this song is because of its simplicity. If you can craft a song that one can dance to in some way, and it's simple, then my hat comes off for you. A song need not possess a dozen different sounds all assailing my ears at once. Granted, some of the songs I love are extraordinarily complex. But using simplicity to your advantage should be praised, not ridiculed.

And to those that say this is outside of what Monstercat should promote, allow me to prove you wrong.
  1. What gives you the right to say what should or should not go on a record label? I may not agree with what goes on, but I support it nonetheless.
  2. Monstercat gave this reply, "We are committed to being a diverse label that showcases new artists and sounds. We don't expect you to love every track we release but we do ask you to at least be open minded. Cheers!"
And yet you have the gall to say what does or does not belong? This is arrogance in one of it's simplest forms; you think your opinion is superior to everyone else. Granted, I don't see this a lot, which is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment